Merv Screeton is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and served his community for almost three decades as a police officer and investigations lieutenant. He has worked in corporate security providing guard force management, threat assessment and mitigation, investigations and workplace violence prevention training around the country. Merv is an ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
Merv supervised and oversaw the revitalization of the Roseville Police Activities League which served as a meeting place where police officers and community youth came together. He developed the department’s diversity recruitment program designed to broaden the department’s range of candidates to become police officers. He reached out to local business and nonprofits acquired computers and recruited teachers to build a tutoring program to support underprivileged teens.
Merv is a state licensed private investigator.
As a police officer Merv developed the following expert skillsets:
- Undercover vice and narcotics investigator
- Human trafficking investigations
- Recognized in superior court as drug and narcotics expert
- California POST-certified Internal Affairs investigator
- Supervisor of the professional standards/internal affairs unit.
- SWAT team member and sniper team leader
- Traffic division investigating fatal traffic collisions
- Managing Lieutenant of investigations unit overseeing criminal investigations ranging from petty theft to homicide.